Perfect idea for a delicious Sunday afternoon! 🙂
♥ 6 medium/big apples
♥ juice of 1,5 lemons
♥ 2 tablespoons of unrefined brown sugar (you can use healthier coconut sugar, or just normal refined white one if you prefer, all will work)
♥ 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
♥ 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
♥ ½ teaspoon of ground dried ginger or freshly grated one
♥ handful of dried cranberries
♥ handful of chopped walnuts
♥ 150 g whole wheat flour
♥ 125g butter
♥ 75g unrefined brown sugar (again, you can replace it with your preferred version
♥ 50g rolled oats
♥ 50g ground walnuts
♥ Pinch of salt
♥ optionally: handful of chopped walnuts to top it all
- Mix all pastry ingredients in a self-standing mixer or with hand, until it forms a ball. If it seems too dry add a little splash of cold water. Set aside.
- Peel the apples. Grate 4 apples and cut 2 of them in small pieces or thin slices using a special knife on the grater. Pour the juice over them and add all of the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Butter the casserole or baking tin you plan to bake your crumble in and put the apple filing on the bottom.
- Crumble the pastry over; you can simply tear little pieces with your fingers and distribute evenly. If using, put the additional walnuts on top as well.
- Bake on 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Serve is either warm or cooled, alone or with some extra apricot jam. ENJOY!
Don’t miss out !